True Democracy Community Forum Index True Democracy Community
A meeting place for all True Democracy believers

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Primary Purpose of this website

Post new topic   Reply to topic    True Democracy Community Forum Index -> The Primary Purpose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lpc1998
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 5:27 pm    Post subject: Primary Purpose of this website Reply with quote

The primary purpose of this website is to try to create a truly democratic community in cyberspace as it is arguable that none has so far existed in the real world, be it past or present. The detractors or enemies of democracy have never failed to point out the inadequate models of democracy we have now or even in history, although there are those among us who would accept a democratic model now existing or in the past as the best ever. However, being the best ever democratic model is still obviously not good enough as there are too many things in it that are plainly undemocratic.

Our hope is for as many people as possible to help create this truly democratic community where believers in democracy are also practicing ones, albeit cyberly.

Once the formation stage is over and subject to the willingness of members, the ownership of the TDC will be handled over to them.

Last edited by lpc1998 on Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:24 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: upmost Reply with quote

i agree fully on the mission of this site ...

before we can come up, as individuals, as person, as fellow human ...
i suggest it could be an idea to sober up, before i might imagine myself to be a member fellow to build up on this one ... mission ...

recon me as doing my upmost potential in order to be with you all involved ...

s'ace
may each body resonate the self-regulation matrix ...
informing, remembering, formulating & expressing mutual
lpc1998
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:39 am    Post subject: Doing the upmost for TDC Reply with quote

Hi! s'ace

Welcome to the TDC. Many thanks to your agreement to the mission of the TDC.

Doing the upmost for the TDC is something we all could only hope for, far exceeding our current expectation. =)

Looking forward to working with you on our mission and to an enjoyable experience.

Best Regards
lpc1998
landen99

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Defining True Freedom Reply with quote

I am pleased with the work aimed at True Democracy by the members and owner(s) of this True Democracy community. The time has come for this kind of "revolution in politics. I am confident that a True Democracy will deal a serious blow politics, crime and all other anti-freedom forces, and bring a superpower that will make the USA look like a second or third world country in contrast.

My work on True Democracy began early 2003 and my Yahoo True Democracy group was established recently, too. I completely agree that True Democracy has never existed (not even on the drawing boards) on this earth. Let's share our visions of True Democracy.

I believe that true democracy is founded on true freedom, where individual (and group) equality, privacy and property are actively advanced as inviolate and supreme for each equally. More details on my Yahoo website: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/true_democracy/messages

Also, I am planning to launch a True Freedom (with True Democracy as a cornerstone) after I finish my grand plans (it will be impressive in scope).

Andy Landen
lpc1998
Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: True Democracy and True Freedom Reply with quote

You are absolutely right, Andy, if by True Freedom, you mean the maximum freedom possible in person and property in a system of governance. Only in true democracy is where the individual has his direct say, if he so wishes, in the adoption of the laws of the community. So he would certainly want maximum freedom in person and property for himself and in so doing and by the fundamental principles of democracy, such freedom would have to be extended fairly and equally to all other members of the community.

Thank you for your support for the True Democracy Community. Yes, it is time that a true democracy community exists to show the world that true democracy is also viable in practice with all the attendant benefits it promises for the community. It is not just a utopian dream of some incurable idealists. Yes, the road to true democracy is long and arduous and I hope that believers in true democracy would rally and lead the way to the formation of a true democracy community.

As regard the ownership of the TDC, once the formation stage is over and subject to the willingness of members, it will be handled over to them. In the long run, it is best for it not to be in the hands of a few individuals.

Best Regards
lpc1998
landen99

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Re: True Democracy and True Freedom Reply with quote

Yes, freedom is best advanced by the wise pursuit of freedom, but self-interest, or I should say, self-indulgence usually blinds people into violating the freedoms of others (by controlling and forcing them) in compliance with their own idea of what is best "for everyone." Thus dictators and mobs (perhaps even true majorities, though I've yet to see this association) strengthen themselves "in order to protect the people from themselves and from external threats."

Now, you can rely on the people to always hold strong the philosophy of freedom in the face of temptation during times of weakness (whether real or perceived), or you can conclude that freedom must be absolutely protected by a constitution (as the founders of the US constitution wisely concluded) so that the system will never allow such evil so long as freedom lovers are willing to fight for and maintain it. It's no different than locking your nice bicycle when you park it or locking anything else of value. As they say, "locks only keep honest people honest."

Andy Landen
Based in Houston, TX, but
currently stationed in Oslo, Norway
Post new topic   Reply to topic    True Democracy Community Forum Index -> The Primary Purpose All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: